It’s Memorial Day weekend here in the States — The unofficial start of Summer. The days are getting longer; a gorgeous sunset at 8pm vs. 5pm? Yes please! I love having natural light later into the evening…
But this does lend itself to us filling those daylight hours with more activities.
Summertime is super busy.
[And side note: The new season of House of Cards is released on Tuesday. Good luck getting anything done. haha!]
In an effort to inspire us all to keep up with our fitness routines and keep working toward our goals, I am sharing 13 reasons to workout today (and everyday.)
To start, say the following sentence out loud or silently to yourself:
I am going to workout today ______________________________.
Then fill in the blank with your favorite reason below.
13. to boost my metabolism.
12. to stay fit and healthy.
11. to improve my balance and coordination.
10. to get one step closer to my fitness goal.
9. to improve my energy level.
8. to strengthen my heart.
7. to set a good example for my kids.
6. because I can. I am physically able.
5. to have more confidence.
4. because I am stressed out and need a break.
3. to increase my focus and concentration.
2. to boost my mood.
1. to be the best version of myself.
Now go workout!
If you are visiting your family, recruit them to do a workout with you! It can be as simple as going for a walk or for a fun twist, enjoy a game of volleyball, kickball, baseball.. whatever active game your family loves!
Have a great week!