I am starting to feel more like myself. For the past two days, I have been enjoying coffee again and today I eased back in to my fitness routine with a gentle yoga flow.
— Alyssa (@CrimsnMacchiato) April 17, 2017
The weather has been teasing us with 70+ degree days and gorgeous sunshine. Summer is just around the corner and I’m pretty excited about it. 🙂
As much as I love alliteration, it doesn’t matter what day it is
Tacos are always a good idea.
You can quote me on that. 😉
Now that my appetite has started to return, I decided that Tacos sounded amazing for dinner. But, we have tacos quite often so I wanted to switch it up a bit. Step outside of the box. Try something a little different, a little new.
I actually saw this idea on Pinterest (surprise, surprise) yesterday. The pin took me to the Old El Paso website. The original recipe, Easy Beef Burrito Skillet, was created by Christy Denney – The Girl Who Ate Everything. It looked pretty tasty.
I had most of the ingredients, swapped out a few, and I switched it up a bit to fit my family’s taste. It turned out to be delicious!
Here is what I used:
-Ground Beef (1-3 lbs. I used about 2.5 lbs.)
-2 medium sized Flour Tortillas
- Cook hamburger in a skillet over medium heat. Once it is brown, drain the grease.
- Add taco seasoning to hamburger according to package instructions.
- Heat re-fried beans in a separate pan.
4. Cut tortillas into strips.
5. Lay them over the hamburger, allowing them to soften. Stir and add as many more tortilla strips as you desire.
6. Sprinkle cheese on top.
7. Cover with lid, remove from heat, allow cheese to melt. Chop onion.
8. Serve and enjoy!
My son enjoyed his plain, with no toppings. I added onion, extra cheese, and hot sauce to mine. My husband had the re-fried beans, extra cheese, and sour cream.