Today, I am sharing Colin Powell’s 13 Rules of Leadership. As we work toward our goals and resolutions for this new year, I think it’s important to keep these 13 rules in mind. They apply to everyone, for any situation, in all areas of life.
I hope they inspire you as much as they have inspired me.
1. It ain’t as bad as you think it is. It will get better in the morning.
2. Get mad, and then get over it.
3. Avoid having your ego so close to your position that, when your position falls, your ego goes with it.
4. It can be done!
5. Be careful what you choose. You may get it.
6. Don’t let adverse facts stand in the way of a good decision.
7. You can’t make someone else’s choices. You shouldn’t let someone else make yours.
8. Check small things.
9. Share credit.
10. Remain calm. Be kind.
11. Have a vision.
12. Don’t take counsel of your fears or nay sayers.